Tuesday, October 19, 2010

RIOT!!!!! - Paramore

I am cook, and I'm graciously accepted to review an album today partly so Walker could gain a rest for a change but more likely that I want to rant about things that I like. But not today...

Paramore's 2nd album Riot was one of the 1st albums I bought with my own money and this is why I had never fully listened to it until now. After giving it a full listen I fell disappointed and un satisfied. There are of course great moments: Hayley William's soaring voice over the multi-layered guitars in "Hallelujah"; the enticing bridge where Hayley Williams's voice gently strokes your cochlea for aural pleasure in "That's What You Get"; the build up of Hayley "hotness" Williams's lines into the guitar solo in"Misery Business". The more alert of you will have noticed that Hayley Williams is the best performer who carries the album with her magnificent voice. Not to say all other performers are shit, the drummer has some interesting moments while the guitarist/bassist exist for the sake of being there.

Of course Hallelujah is the best song, closely followed by That's What You Get, but some other songs are simply horrible. When It Rains/We Are Broken are painfully emotionless ballads, Let The Flames Begin sounds like a weak Evanescence ripoff and Miracle is boring pop rubbish. Buy the album if you see it for $10, her voice is worth it

Lazy Opinionated Bastard
Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment