Thursday, October 14, 2010

Operator Please

So originally today I was going to review the wonderful heaven of music that is the Jezabels but instead I thought I would instil in you all my hate of pop music. Operator Please is a perfect example to show you this hate of mine.
Operator please released their second album "Gloves" quite recently in April. According to Wikipedia the group is an indie-pop-rock band but according to itunes the entire album of Gloves is pop. I'm going with itunes on this one. Sorry Wikipedia. Most of the songs on "Gloves" sound the same. Not in the riffs but in the structure its just verse chorus verse chorus chorus. There's not even a friggen bridge for chrissakes. Really when you listen to the whole album you find yourself wondering a few times whether you changed songs or not.
Admittedly there is ONE good song that follows the formula. "Back and Forth". The riff in this song actually sounds presentable and not something the band thought up of in two seconds to beef up the number of songs on the album. Really this is a must have song. DO NOT BUY THE ALBUM. IT SUCKS. I should know. I wasted 16 bucks on it...
With this album I found myself forcing myself to get through the album. This is not something an album should sound like and unfortunately, most albums do :/

-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment