Sunday, October 24, 2010

MGMT

Okay so I now discover that I have to review Congratulations! Congratulations is MGMT's latest album and many people seem to think that it is their worst. But, being the fantastic non-conformer that I am (dear god that sounded emo-ish), I actually LOVE this album.
Congratulations is a nice change from the heavy guitars and/or annoying synthesizers that frequently appear in modern conventional music. Congratulations is a culmination of fresh sounds that you probably wouldn't hear from anyone BUT MGMT. So obviously when you hear it on the radio you can impress you're existent/non-existent friends and say "HOLY SHIT THAT'S MGMT".
There isn't really a 'best song' on this album I find. All the songs are equally as awesome and they all get better the more you listen to them. So at first you might hate this album but listen to it a bit more and you might find yourself toe tapping or something as equally corny to signify to the rest of the world that this music is awesome.
Really you have to hear this album before you buy it to decide whether it's worth it. Many people I have talked to about Congratulations say that it wasn't worth the money. So I guess it's up to you. You can listen to the album FREE on MGMT's website: http://www.whoismgmt.com/au Just click on the link: "Listen to Congratulations"
Have fun deciding! :D

-Alex

1 comment:

  1. i was happening to visit this site looking for modest mouse but i saw this and just decided that i want to hug you, i totally agree MGMT is my favorite band thats still on the scene today, and thank you for showing me the link to their website

    ReplyDelete